Then I began to create my proxy crate in which I made 100 units all the way around and checked it's scale to the mannequin. The Mannequin is about 6 feet tall. To create my proxy I did some simple extrusions. I then exported it and gave it a collider. I noticed that the lighting on the crates were creating weird shadows so I brought it back into Maya and fixed it's UVs before re-importing it into the Unreal Engine.
From here I began to create a more high poly crate that has details. To begin I used a cube that was the same size as my proxy and scaled it down to that it was the same size but was thinner and fit the face of the proxy. I used some simple Booleans to create the frame and beveled it and then created the smaller pieces and gave those bevels. For the piece that goes across I duplicated my Boolean and created a face and from there I used my multi-cut tool and deleted the faces I did not need. The I extruded it and beveled it. I placed it and scaled it to fit on the crate.
To continue, I grouped, named, duplicated and rotated the first face to create the other faces. Some of the faces a bit different weather they don't have the middle piece or they need their edges snapped so there is no inter penetration. This allowed me to create my gaming asset crate.
I then began to prepare my crate to be exported into it's next journey into ZBrush! I duplicated my create and created a new group. Within the group I merged the bottom of the crate into one geometry and then merged the top so that the crate has a top that can open. I then created a simple layer so that I can change the color of the wireframe.
Post a Comment